316 total views
SC rejects NEET-UG 2021 postponement plea : The Supreme Court of India on Monday rejects the NEET-UG 2021 postponement plea. NEET-UG 2021 will be held as per the schedule on September 12, the Supreme Court said.
A batch of students from across a country filed a petition seeking rescheduling of NEET-UG 2021 examination, as for the purpose, NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) entrance exam will be clashing with other exams on the scheduled date of September 12. NEET entrance examination gets conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) and after successfully clearing the examination students can take admission in MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery), BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery), BSMS (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery), BUMS (Bachelor in Unani Medicine and Surgery), BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery), and BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery).
The Supreme Court of India dismissed the plea today for the postponement of NEET-UG 2021 by saying that “Over 16 lakh students take NEET. It can’t be deferred on the plea of a few students.” With this a Bench comprising Justice AM Khanwilkar, Justice Hrishikesh Roy, and Justice CT Ravikumar added “We will not entertain this petition. We do not want uncertainty. Let the exam continue.”
Students tweeted on twitter in support of the petition filed :
Many students on twitter have also tweeted in support of the petition filed in the Supreme Court of India. The major question mark they are getting is to cope with many entrance exams clashing with NEET-UG 2021, during the second week of September like CBSE, MP Improvement exam, ICAR, MHT CET, Odisha JEE, and many others.
Following is a list of exams scheduled to be conducted on September, 2021 :
- CBSE Improvement exam : 25th August to 15th September, 2021
- ICAR AIEEA UG : 7, 8, and 9th September, 2021
- COMEDK 2021 : 14th September, 2021
- COMEDK Uni gauge :14th September, 2021
- Odisha JEE : 6th to 18th September, 2021
- MHT CET : 4th to 10th September and 14th to 20th September, 2021
Having the schedule of many entrance exams students wanted their voices to heard by the Supreme Court of India, and thereby filed the petition for the postponement of the NEET-UG 2021.
Following you can find the timeline of NEET-UG 2021 examination and important points related to NEET, 2021.
Timeline of NEET-UG 2021 :
NEET-UG 2021 admit card availability – 9th September, 2021
Date of examination – 12th September, 2021
Date of result declaration – TBA
- NEET-UG 2021 examination will be conducted in the traditional pen and paper-based mode i.e., offline mode.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- NEET-UG 2021 question paper will consist of 180 questions and all will be multiple choice questions.
- The question paper will be in 11 different languages as for the purpose of students opting from different parts of the country.
- The languages in which question paper will be available are : English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Marathi, and Odia.
- For NEET-UG 2021, negative marking is there. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will get deducted from the total score.