NEET Counselling 2023
The NEET Counselling 2023 will begin in July 2023 after the NEET 2023 results are announced. The Medical Council Committee (MCC) will conduct the counselling process online. Candidates who have passed NEET 2023 and obtained a minimum of 50th percentile (40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC and 45th percentile for general-physically handicapped) are eligible to apply for counselling.
Predict Your NEET College
The counselling process will be divided into two phases:
- All India Quota (AIQ) counselling: This round will be conducted by the MCC for 15% of the seats.
- State-level counselling: This round will be conducted by the respective state governments for the remaining 85% of the seats.
The counselling process will be online. Candidates will have to log in to the MCC website and fill up their choices of colleges and courses. The seats will be allotted based on the merit list and the choices filled by the candidates.
The counselling process is a very important step in the NEET UG journey. It is important for candidates to be prepared and to know all the important dates and deadlines. They should also be familiar with the counselling process and the documents required.
Here are some tips for NEET Counselling 2023:
- Start preparing early: The counselling process can be quite hectic. It is important to start preparing early so that you can make informed decisions.
- Be familiar with the process: Read the NEET Counselling 2023 brochure carefully and understand the entire process.
- Gather all the required documents: Make sure you have all the required documents ready before you start the counselling process.
- Be patient: The counselling process can take some time. Be patient and don’t give up.
The following are the important dates for NEET Counselling 2023:
- Registration: July 2023
- Choice Filling: July-August 2023
- Seat Allotment: August 2023
- Reporting to College: August-September 2023
NEET Counselling 2023 Overview:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level entrance exam for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. The NEET 2023 counselling will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) in place of the National Medical Council (NMC).
The counselling process will be conducted in two:
- All India Quota (AIQ) counselling: This will be conducted for 15% of the total seats in government medical and dental colleges across India.
- State Quota counselling: This will be conducted for the remaining 85% of the seats in government and private medical and dental colleges in each state.
The counselling process will be online and candidates will be required to register on the DGHS website. The registration process will begin after the declaration of the NEET 2023 results.
The seat intake for the AIQ counselling will be as follows:
- 100% of the seats in central and deemed universities
- 100% of the seats in AFMC, ESIC, AIIMS and JIPMER
- 15% of the seats in government medical and dental colleges in each state
The seat intake for the State Quota counselling will be as follows:
- 85% of the seats in government medical and dental colleges in each state
- 100% of the seats in private medical and dental colleges in each state
The counselling process will be a merit-based process and candidates will be allotted seats based on their NEET scores and choice of colleges.
Read More: NEET View Result