342 total views
Top 10 Medical Colleges in India : More than 16 lakh people have registered for NEET 2021 (UG) (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate)) and more than 90% of applicants who registered took the test which took place on the 12th of September. NTA will likely release the results of the NEET 2021 exam results in the coming days. MCC counseling for UG medical admissions will start. Candidates who qualify for 15 % of all India seats in the quota will be eligible to attend MCC counseling. In addition, depending on NEET scores and ranks admission to state counseling is also granted. The NEET 2021 examination took place on the 12th of September. NEET 2021’s answer key and the result will be announced from NTA National Testing Agency (NTA) at ntaneet.nic.in the near future. After the declaration of results, the authorities will announce the NEET scheduling for 2021 counseling to All India Quota (AIQ) and State Quota seats. The Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) will conduct NEET counseling for 15 percent AIQ and 100 percent Deemed Universities, Central Universities ESIC, and AFMS seats. The NEET counseling for 85 percent of seats in the state quota will be carried out by the state authorities in charge of each.
Top 10 Medical Colleges In India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi: The most prestigious medical institution, AIIMS New Delhi has been awarded the top spot in the NIRF Ranking for the fourth consecutive time in 2021. It provides a variety of medical and paramedical UG and advanced courses. Students get the best education, research, and patient care experience at AIIMS Delhi.
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh: It is a medical school established in 1962. PGIMER Chandigarh is known for its research on various issues relating to rural health and the environment. It is also recognized by the government as the Institute of National Importance (INI) by the Indian Parliament.
- Christian Medical College Vellore: Christian Medical College, Vellore was established in 1918. It was established by Dr. Ida Sophia Scudder, the daughter of a medical missionary. The medical college is called CMC Vellore. The institute is an independent and non-capital Christian minority education institution.
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore: It was founded in 1974. The college is a multidisciplinary institute to provide medical training in mental health and neurosciences. It provides 48 courses. NIMHANS is a medical school that is thought to be the top institution in India for neuroscience and mental health education.
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI), Lucknow: It is a state-run medical school that offers BSc MD, MCh DM, PDAF, MSc in many medical specializations. Apart from the academic sphere, SGPGI also has a Tertiary Care Referral Hospital that offers medical treatment to the public at an extremely low cost. In the NIRF ranking for 2020, SGPGIMS was ranked 5th. It offers medical care for tertiary patients and super-specialty education, teaching, and research. It includes 30 academic departments as well as an extensive library that includes 16,000 books and a subscription to 45 scientific journals.
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham: It is a top private institution of higher education with numerous campuses across three states of India i.e. Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka. The institute was founded in 1994 by the Matriarch of the Amritanandamayi Devi. The founder of the institute is known by the name of Amma and is among the most acclaimed humanitarian leaders around the world. It is among the most well-known institutions in India as well as around the world. Each year, students from every area of the country and across the globe choose Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi: The NIRF 2020 report, BHU was ranked third in the category of ‘Top Universities. It is UGC accredited and recognized with an A grade from NAAC. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). BHU is well-known for its own entrance examinations which include BHU UET (for UG admissions), BHU PET (for admission to PG), BHU RET (for Ph.D. admissions) as well as others. The institution was founded on February 4, 1916, but BHU’s Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS-BHU) which is the medical division of BHU was founded in the year 1960. The IMS-BHU comprises an academic faculty of medicine as well as a dental science faculty and Faculty of Ayurveda.
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry: It is a medical school that is acknowledged in the Indian Congress as the Institute of National importance (INI). It was established to provide research, patient care as well as teaching in the fields of medicine and health. The intake per year of JIPMER to UG 150 is. JIPMER was founded around 1823, by the French East India Company.
- King George’s Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow: It is a state-run medical institution with over 1500 UG students. KGMU is home to two faculties namely the Faculty of Medical Science and Dental Science. The University includes 9 medical colleges as well as 7 nursing schools and one paramedical college. In 1870, the Maharaja of Vijanagaram first proposed the idea of establishing a Medical College in Lucknow. However, the idea was diluted down because of the lack of money.
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal: Kasturba Medical College offers UG and PG medical programs and its degree is well-known across the globe. The institute is well-known for its cultural diversity as well as its students from more than 30 nations. KMC is a medical school that is privately located within Manipal, Karnataka. KMC is an affiliated institution that is part of Manipal University (MAHE). In addition to educational aspects, KMC Manipal has 2 hospitals which include Kasturba Hospital, Manipal, and Dr. T.M.A Pai Rotary Hospital.