34 total views
NEET-PG 2021 Counselling: Counselling for the postgraduate courses in medicine is starting from 20th August 2021. According to the schedule released by the Medical Counselling Commission (MCC), only two rounds of counselling are to be conducted as of now.
About NEET-PG Counselling
This counselling session is for the BDS degree students who appeared for the NEET-MDS last year in December 2020. Counselling was delayed because of the undergoing process of curating new guidelines for the OBC reservations in state medical institutions’ All India Quota (AIQ) seats under the AIQ scheme. The second wave of COVID-19 also played a significant role in the delay. Lockdown was imposed across the nation. The admissions from this session will be done according to the new reservation criteria.
The application process for the first round of counselling will be held from 20 August 2021 to 24 August 2021. Candidates have to submit a list of their preferred college and course between 21 august 2021 to 22 August 2021. After the submission of the application, the seat allocation process will be conducted from 25 August to 26 August 2021. Results for the first round of counselling will be released on 27 August 2021. Aspiring candidates will have to report at the preferred college between 28 August to 1 September 2021, for the further proceeding of the admission process like document verification and fee submission.
The application process for the second round of counselling will be held from 6 September to 9 September 2021. For this round of counselling, the reporting time at the preferred college is between 14 September to 18 September.
After the completion of both rounds of counselling, the swat matrix will be released. If there are any seats left a Mop-up counselling round will be conducted between 24 September to 27 September.
Document Required for NEET-PG 2021 Counselling
- Result/NEET-PG score card issued by National Board of Examination.
- Admit Card of NEET-PG
- Mark Sheets of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations of MBBS or BDS.
- Provisional Certificate of MBBS/BDS
- Internship Completion Certificate issued by the Head of the Institute
- Provisional Internship Registration Certificate issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council or Dental council for the candidates undergoing an internship.
- Candidates are mandated to complete an Internship, before 30 September 2021.
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate or class 110th mark sheet.
- Valid ID proof: Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport.
- Caste Certificate (to avail admission quota). The certificate should clearly state the subcaste.
Candidates should have the original copy of the above-mentioned document with them. For those who fail to show the original copy, admission shall not be granted to them.
Dates for NEET-PG counselling have been released, the process will be starting from 20 August 2021. This counselling is for the students who cleared their NEET-PG for the MDS course in December 2020. Because of the amending process of reservation quota and the second wave of covid, the counselling was delayed. Candidates need to keep the original copies of the documents mentioned.