The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG results have been announced, and now the race for admission to medical colleges begins. This year, two joint toppers scored 720 marks, and the cutoff is higher than last year. With over 20 lakh 38 thousand students appearing in the exam, only 11 lakh 45 thousand have qualified. If you want to get your dream medical college, here are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Choose the right counseling agency: There are many counseling agencies that can help you get admission to a medical college. However, it is important to choose a reputable agency that has a good track record.
- Do your research: Before you start counseling, it is important to do your research and understand the different medical colleges in India. This includes factors such as the college’s infrastructure, faculty, and placement record.
- Be realistic about your chances: It is important to be realistic about your chances of getting into a top medical college. If you have a low score, you may need to consider a lower-tier college.
- Be prepared to compromise: In some cases, you may need to compromise on your choice of college in order to get a seat. This is especially true if you have a low score.
- Be patient: The counseling process can be long and frustrating. It is important to be patient and persistent if you want to get your dream medical college.
Here are some tips for NEET counselling:
- Start early: The counseling process can be competitive, so it is important to start early. This will give you more time to research colleges and choose the right one for you.
- Be organized: It is important to be organized during the counseling process. This includes keeping track of your scores, choices, and deadlines.
- Stay calm: The counseling process can be stressful, but it is important to stay calm. This will help you make better decision and avoid creating mistakes.
Fill this form for free counselling
Must have passion for medical profession
The cost of studying medicine in India is very high, especially in private colleges. The fees can range from Rs 14 lakh to Rs 25-26 lakh per year. This means that it can cost up to Rs 50-80 lakh or even more to complete an MBBS degree.
If you are considering studying medicine, it is important to have a passion for the profession. This is because the cost of education is high, and the competition is fierce. You will also need to be prepared to work long hours and deal with the stress of the job.
Read More: NEET UG 2023 Counselling Documents Checklist
There are a number of complications that you should be aware of if you are considering studying medicine abroad. First, the standards of education in many foreign countries are not as high as they are in India. Second, you will need to pass a screening test in order to get a license to practice medicine in India. The passing percentage for this test is very low.
If you do decide to study medicine abroad, it is important to do your research and choose a reputable institution. You should also be aware of the potential for fraud.
Another important consideration is the availability of internships. At present, there are only 500 internship seats in Delhi, but there are 2100 applications. This means that it can be difficult to find an internship if you have studied abroad.
The author of the article, who is the chairman of the Delhi Medical Council, believes that the government should increase the number of medical colleges in India. He argues that this would help to reduce the cost of education and make it easier for students to find internships.