70 total views
NEET exam will be held on September 12, 2021 by National Testing Agency (NTA). Applications for NEET 2021 are now available at neet.nta.nic.in. The last date for filling out NEET forms is August 6, 2021. In addition to the official notification, the NTA has also released an information brochure which includes information regarding important dates, eligibility, and admission procedure. This year, the paper pattern has changed both in terms of number of questions and in terms of its structure. A total of 13 languages will be offered for NEET 2021, up from 11 in the past. NEET UG 2021 introduces Punjabi and Malayalam as new languages. In addition, 198 new cities will host NEET 2021 exam centres.
What is NEET?
NEET is the entrance exam for MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary and other medical and paramedic courses in India administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Indian medical students must pass the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET) to be eligible to apply for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. Currently, NEET is the only exam that qualifies candidates for medical school. The initiative was taken by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the Ministry for Human Development (MHRD) of the Government of India, it focused on promoting health care through education.
What’s New About NEET?
Earlier this week, Dharmendra Pradhan, the newly appointed Education Minister of the nation, tweeted updates about the major changes made for NEET 2021. Take a look at all the changes that were implemented this year.
- Applications will be processed in two phases. Candidate information will be collected in the first phase, and in the second phase leading up to the declaration of the results, candidates have to enter the remaining information.
- As outlined by the National Testing Agency (NTA), the National Eligibility Test (NEET) UG 2021 entrance exam will be administered in a pen-and-paper format on September 12 in cities across the country.
- The registration period for the NEET entrance exam begins on July 13 and ends at 11:50pm on August 6, 2021. Nevertheless, the filing of the NEET 2021 fees can be done until August 7, 11:50 pm.
- Examinees will sit for the NEET UG 2021 on September 12, 2021 between 2 and 5 pm i.e. for 180 minutes.
- Registered candidates will receive an admit card informing them of the reporting time and the test centre they will be attending.
- Applicants must download NEET 2021 admit cards no later than three days before the exam, scheduled for September 9, 2021 (tentative).
- There is a change in the NEET exam pattern for 2021. The number of questions in each section will be equal for all subjects. The question paper contains 200 questions, of which 180 can be attempted from the second section of each subject, which consists of 10 out of 15 questions.
In order to be part of the NEET 2021 counselling process, candidates are encouraged to be aware of the various events.