The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a highly competitive examination for students aspiring to pursue medical and dental courses in India. Conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), NEET evaluates the knowledge and aptitude of students in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Recently, the National Medical Commission (NMC) announced some changes in the NEET syllabus for the year 2024. These changes have caused quite a stir among students and their parents. In this article, we will discuss the reduced and deleted chapters in the NEET 2024 syllabus as per the NMC’s guidelines.
Reasons for the Changes
The NMC has made these changes in the NEET syllabus with the aim of reducing the burden on students and promoting a more comprehensive understanding of the subjects. The revised syllabus focuses on core concepts and essential topics, ensuring that students have a strong foundation in the subjects.
Here are some of the chapters that have been reduced in the NEET 2024 syllabus:
- Physics: Some of the reduced chapters include Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction, and Alternating Currents.
- Chemistry: Some of the reduced chapters include Polymers, Biomolecules, and Environmental Chemistry.
- Biology: Some of the reduced chapters include Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, and Biotechnology and its Applications.
It is important to note that although these chapters have been reduced, they are still important and may be covered in other parts of the syllabus. Therefore, it is essential for students to have a basic understanding of these topics.
Along with the reduced chapters, the NMC has also deleted certain chapters from the NEET 2024 syllabus. These chapters will no longer be a part of the examination. Some of the deleted chapters include:
- Physics: Some of the deleted chapters include Semiconductor Electronics, Communication Systems, and Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation.
- Chemistry: Some of the deleted chapters include Chemistry in Everyday Life, d- and f-Block Elements, and Coordination Compounds.
- Biology: Some of the deleted chapters include Microbes in Human Welfare, Molecular Basis of Inheritance, and Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production.
Students should take note of these deleted chapters and ensure that they do not waste their time studying these topics for the NEET 2024 examination.
Preparing for NEET 2024
With the changes in the syllabus, it is crucial for students to plan their preparation accordingly. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for NEET 2024:
- Refer to the updated syllabus: Make sure you have the latest version of the NEET syllabus and focus on the topics that are included.
- Revise the basics: Since some chapters have been reduced or deleted, it is important to have a strong foundation in the core concepts of each subject.
- Practice previous years’ question papers: Solving previous years’ question papers will give you an idea of the exam pattern and help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Seek guidance from experts: If you are facing difficulty in understanding certain topics, don’t hesitate to seek help from teachers or subject matter experts.
- Stay motivated and consistent: NEET preparation requires consistent effort and dedication. Stay motivated and follow a disciplined study schedule.
Remember, the changes in the NEET syllabus are aimed at reducing the burden on students and ensuring a more comprehensive understanding of the subjects. Use this opportunity to focus on the core concepts and excel in the examination.