As a Class 10 student preparing for the CBSE board exams, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of the important topics and questions that carry 4 or 5 marks. These questions require a deeper level of understanding and application of concepts, making them significant for scoring well in the Science exam. In this blog post, we will discuss some important questions that you should focus on while preparing for the 2024 CBSE Class 10 Science board exam.
1. Chemical Reactions and Equations
– Explain the chemical reaction involved in the rusting of iron and how it can be prevented.
– Write balanced chemical equations for the following reactions:
a) Calcium oxide + Water → Calcium hydroxide
b) Magnesium + Hydrochloric acid → Magnesium chloride + Hydrogen gas
2. Acids, Bases, and Salts
– Define pH and explain its significance in determining the acidic or basic nature of a substance.
– Write the chemical equation for the reaction between sodium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid.
– Explain the process of neutralization with the help of an example.
3. Metals and Non-Metals
– Differentiate between metals and non-metals based on their physical and chemical properties.
– Explain the process of extraction of metals with the help of suitable examples.
– Write the balanced chemical equation for the reaction between copper oxide and carbon monoxide.
4. Carbon and its Compounds
– Define the term ‘homologous series’ and provide an example.
– Explain the formation of soap from vegetable oil and its cleansing action.
– Write the structural formula for ethanoic acid and also mention its common name.
5. Periodic Classification of Elements
– Define the term ‘periodic table’ and explain its significance in organizing elements.
– Compare the properties of metals and non-metals based on their positions in the periodic table.
– Explain the modern periodic law and its importance in classifying elements.
6. Life Processes
– Explain the process of respiration in plants and animals.
– Define the term ‘photosynthesis’ and write the balanced chemical equation for the process.
– Differentiate between autotrophic and heterotrophic modes of nutrition.
7. Control and Coordination
– Explain the functions of the different parts of the human brain.
– Define the term ‘hormones’ and explain their role in maintaining homeostasis.
– Describe the reflex action and provide an example.
8. How Do Organisms Reproduce?
– Differentiate between asexual and sexual modes of reproduction.
– Explain the process of fertilization in humans.
– Define the term ‘gestation period’ and mention its duration in humans.
How to answer 4 or 5 marks questions in CBSE Board Exam?
Here we have brought to you an appropriate method of answering 4 or 5-mark questions. These will assist students in getting full marks on each question while leaving no room for any kind of error. Check some tips to know how a 4 or 5-mark answer has to be perfectly written and presented.
- As per the CBSE guidelines, the word limit for a 4 or 5 mark question is between 120-150 words. So, students should not write an answer which is less than 120 words. It is also equally important to not over exceed the answer unnecessarily.
- The answer should be an elaborative one. Long-answer type questions should consist of additional details for brownie points. It is always better to write a few extra points to inform teachers that students are actually aware of the topic.
- These types of questions can also be a combination of two or more questions and thus students should carefully read the instructions and questions before appearing to answer.
- Time management is the key to a good score on the exam. Students should save an adequate amount of time for long-form questions so that these can be presented in a well-written and well-thought-out manner.
These are just a few examples of the important questions that you should focus on while preparing for the CBSE Class 10 Science board exam. Make sure to thoroughly understand the concepts and practice answering these questions to enhance your chances of scoring well. Additionally, refer to your textbook and study materials provided by your school to gain a comprehensive understanding of the topics. Good luck with your preparations for the 2024 board exam!