The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a highly competitive examination conducted in India for students aspiring to pursue medical and dental courses. NEET 2024 is expected to witness a massive number of candidates, each vying for a limited number of seats in top medical institutes across the country. In this article, we will delve into the marking scheme and cut-off marks for NEET 2024, as well as highlight some of the top institutes that aspiring medical professionals can aim for.
Understanding the marking scheme of NEET is crucial for aspirants to strategize their preparation effectively. NEET 2024 will consist of a single paper with 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks, while an incorrect answer will result in a deduction of 1 mark. Unanswered questions will neither be awarded nor deducted marks.
The cut-off marks for NEET 2024 will be determined by several factors, including the difficulty level of the examination, the number of candidates appearing, and the availability of seats in medical colleges. It is important to note that the cut-off marks vary each year. To secure admission in top medical institutes, candidates must aim to surpass the minimum qualifying percentile set by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The qualifying percentile for NEET 2024 will be announced by the NTA closer to the examination date.
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS): AIIMS is a prestigious medical institute with multiple campuses across the country. It is known for its world-class facilities, exceptional faculty, and cutting-edge research opportunities. Admission to AIIMS is highly competitive, and candidates must achieve a high rank in NEET to secure a seat in this esteemed institute.
2. Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore: CMC Vellore is a renowned medical college known for its holistic approach to healthcare education. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various medical and dental disciplines. CMC Vellore has a rigorous selection process, and candidates with exceptional NEET scores have a higher chance of securing admission.
3. Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi: MAMC is a premier medical college located in Delhi and is affiliated with the University of Delhi. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine and allied disciplines. MAMC has a reputation for producing competent medical professionals and is a preferred choice among NEET aspirants.
4. Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune: AFMC is a prestigious institute that trains medical professionals to serve in the Indian Armed Forces. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine, nursing, and dental surgery. Admission to AFMC is based on NEET scores as well as a separate entrance examination conducted by the college.
5. King George’s Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow: KGMU, formerly known as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, is a leading medical institute in Uttar Pradesh. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various medical disciplines. NEET scores play a crucial role in securing admission to KGMU.
NEET 2024 is a highly competitive examination that requires thorough preparation and a clear understanding of the marking scheme and cut-off marks. Aspiring medical professionals should aim to secure a high rank to increase their chances of getting admission to top institutes like AIIMS, CMC Vellore, MAMC Delhi, AFMC Pune, and KGMU Lucknow. It is essential to stay updated with the official notifications and guidelines issued by the NTA to ensure a successful NEET journey.