NEET Bulletin(New Delhi, Desk):
There is increase in National Florence Nightingale Nurses Award 2020 as informed by The Indian Nursing Council. Information was shared while inviting for the nominations from all the states and Union Territories (UT) of the country. The birth anniversary of Florence J Nightingale is on 12th May 2020 and award which consist of Rs.50,000 cash award, a certificate and a Medal which will be given on that occasion to outstanding nursing personnel who are employed in Central, State/UTs, Private Missionary and Voluntary Organisations.
Awards have been increased for Nurses from 20 to 30, for ANM’s from 12 to 17 and for LHVs from 3 to 4. Previously awards were handled by nursing section of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare but this year it’s been transferred to The Indian Medical Council.
It is requested that 5 panels of names for each category may please be sent to Indian Nursing Council latest by 13 February, 2020. Following aspects should be keep in view while choosing and submitting names for nominations:
1. Wide publicity may be given in the State to all the concerned Stakeholders by issuing necessary circulars and up-loading the enclosed documents on the official website of the State
2. It may please be ensured that applications for the nominations are received from Private and Missionary institution also apart from government
3. Representatives of the Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI) at the State Level or Associations should be included in the Selection
4. It should be ensured that the panel of names should include nominations in each of the three categories i.e. Nurses, Auxiliary Nurse Midwives and Lady Health Visitors.
5. It should be ensured that only such candidates are nominated who fulfill the criteria and proven evidence of outstanding work in their field and all the nominations are to be placed before the State Selection Committee.