NEW DELHI: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi has brought forth radical changes for the coming session of AIIMS PG 2019. The changes can be seen in the exam pattern, exam timing and exam centre. The prospectus released along with the final registration mentions the new changes that will be applicable in the approaching July session. Some of the major changes can be seen in the exam pattern for both MD/MS and MDS courses. In addition to this, an exam centre has also been removed from the list of centres for the entrance examination. AIIMS PG is held twice a year in the months of November and May. Candidates can check the changes introduced by the authority here.
- Number of Seats- Entrance exam is being conducted for admission to 14 MDS seats and 464 MD/MS/DM/MCh seats in Basic Clinical and Clinical Sciences. In the past session, as many as 501 seats were being offered for MD/MS courses.
- Time Duration- The time duration and number of questions for MDS exam of AIIMS PG has been increased. The MDS exam for July session will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours to solve 200 multiple choice questions. Earlier, to solve 90 questions, candidates were allotted one and a half hours.
- Exam centres- In the list of exam centres available for the candidates, a centre has been deducted. In the upcoming session, Gandhinagar in Gujarat will not be available as a centre and candidates will have to choose from 64 cities available.
- Exam Pattern- The exam pattern has been modified largely, by bringing in seven different types of multiple choice questions (MCQ) that will be asked. The seven types of MCQs are as follows:-
- Single best answer type
- Multiple true-false type
- Match the following type
- Sequential arrangements type
- Multiple completion type
- Reason-assertion type
- Extended matching items/questions (EMI/EMQ).
- Marking Scheme- The marking scheme for each type of multiple choice question will also be different. Candidates can see the marking scheme in the picture below.
AIIMS PG July session
The entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 5, 2019, throughout the country in various examination centres. The final registration process of AIIMS PG, July session has begun on March 22 and will remain open for the candidates till April 2, 2019.